LOOM is a wellbeing brand empowering women through sexual and reproductive health content. Our mission is to help women thrive in the bodies they live in, reimagining the health education experience from periods through menopause. LOOM’s new platform will be a first of its kind digital learning product for women’s health. As LOOM scales, we will be creating a omni-channel ecosystem that includes content, commerce and community that exists both offline and online. LOOM is based in Los Angeles and backed by top tier investors. You can read about us in publications like Elle, Fast Company, and Kinfolk.
As Engineering Lead, and the first engineer on LOOM’s growing team, you will be responsible for working cross functionally to design and architect LOOM’s digital education product - a web first, mobile optimized site that will combine video, audio, and text-based learning. At launch, LOOM’s digital experience will combine both our digital learning product, as well as an editorial platform, The Spool.
Our Engineering Lead will report into our CEO and have a direct hand in the design and ideation stages of this process, as well as the opportunity to build and lead a team.
- What You'll Do
- Architect and build LOOM’s digital platform and education products as LOOM’s first engineering hire
- Work with the CEO and executive team to develop the technical product roadmap and strategy
- Execute on the technical goals of the company in a rapidly evolving business environment
- Troubleshoot systems issues and own the uptime and performance of our digital products
- Work with our CEO and a Product Design Lead to analyze product usage and ensure happy customers
- Take on a leadership role in building out LOOM’s engineering and data teams as we scale, without sacrificing our core values of diversity and excellence
- Why We're Excited About You
- You are a strong technical lead or staff engineer capable of architecting the most efficient version of LOOM’s V1 platform without sacrificing customer experience
- You have the confidence and skill to lead the implementation of a greenfield consumer product that reaches the minds and hearts of thousands of individuals
- You have a successful history of taking products through launch and leading teams through rapid iteration cycles
- You are proficient in making technical product roadmaps and defining deliverables and tradeoffs, and you excel at communicating your vision to a team
- You are intimately familiar with both front-end and back-end engineering, and are an expert on at least one of the two
- You have experience with streaming media transcoding, digital asset management, CDN’s, and video player technologies
- You are savvy about agile methods such as scrum and XP and finding the right balance of ritual and flexibility as the team grows
- You have a strong product sensibility and obsess about the design, but balance that obsession with pragmatism and efficiency in implementation
- You are as excited as we are about LOOM’s mission and opportunity in women’s reproductive health
- Experience working with remote teams/contractors and overcoming the inherent communication and alignment challenges is a plus
- Why You're Excited About Us
- Educational content is at the heart of what we do at LOOM and this role will have a huge opportunity to shape our product and long term strategy
- You’ll have the opportunity to wear many hats and take on diverse responsibilities while working cross-functionally with a team of talented and passionate individuals
- We’re doing work that matters. As a certified B-Corp we’re not only interested in our economic success but continually work to give back a portion of our profits to partnering organizations and efforts in the community that respect reproductive health rights and justice
- We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support your unique needs, and encourage work-life balance
- What We Offer
- Generous parental leave policy
- Health insurance
- Unlimited time off policy
- Wellbeing initiatives on site and company-wide social impact projects
- Professional and personal growth support
LOOM is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at LOOM are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide information about yourself in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.